In order for you to get the YouTube feed working you need an API Key. Here is the process to obtain that.
- Go to https://developers.google.com/ and log in or create an account, if necessary.
- After logging in go to this link https://console.developers.google.com/project and click on the blue CREATE PROJECT button as depicted in the photo below. Wait a moment as google prepares your project.
- Fill in whatever Project Name you want.
- Then click on the link option called “YouTube Data API.” It’s under YouTube API’s. You can see it highlighted in the photo below, bottom right.
- Now click on the “ENABLE” button.
- Next click on the blue ‘Go to Credentials’ button to the right.
- Choose the select option YouTube Data API v3 for the first select option and Web server(e.g. node js. Tomcat) for the second selection. Then choose Public data. Now click the blue button, “What credentials do I need?.”
- Almost done, wait for google to create your new project and you should see the screen below where you can copy your API Key.
- Paste the API Key in our YouTube Options menu page as depicted below.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you get an error notice the best thing to do we have found in the trials here is to absolutely delete the Public API access. Then add it again.
That’s it, you’re done!